Timeline

  • 1757 First shipyard of the Kromhout family
  • 1867 The Goedkoop family becomes the owner
  • 1888 Construction of the cast-iron West Hall
  • 1899 Construction of the cast-iron East Hall
  • 1973 Establishment of the ‘t Kromhout Shipyard Museum
  • 1975 Foundation saves the shipyard
  • 1976 Designated as a national monument
  • 1997 Stadsherstel becomes the owner of the building
  • .        Museum ‘t Kromhout becomes the owner of the collection
  • 1998 Start of the restoration
  • 1998-present Ongoing additions to and expansions of the collection”